Are YOU ready for some football?
We certainly are! With being based in central PA, our Eunomia Team is right on the line of where it is socially acceptable to be a Steelers fan, an Eagles fan, or a diehard supporter of a wildcard team, so it’s always a tossup to see who your friends are rooting for on days like today. While some of us are still basking in that 2018 Philly Special glow and are already looking forward to the Eagles upcoming season (GO BIRDS!), there are some of us who are excited for our 9th Brady-Belichick Super Bowl, and others who are stoked that our beloved Rams finally made it back!
With that being said, to keep the peace within the Eunomia family, we’re going to be stocking up on CBD throughout the day. We’ve come up with three ways that you also can incorporate CBD into your Super Bowl meals from morning to evening (and one we came across, tried out recently, and are borrowing to share with you).
The best thing about a recipe is that you can tweak it to fit your personal preferences, so our advice is to use any of the items below as a starting point, and make it fit your tastes and the ingredients you can find in your cabinets!
Cinnamon Bun Latte
We borrowed this recipe from Rachelle Robinett over at Supernatural. Now, feel free to customize this to fit your tastes, but we found that this was delicious just as Rachelle laid out in the video below!
3-5 drops of natural flavored CBD oil
1 t maple syrup
1 t mushroom powder
Cinnamon to taste (the more the better, to give it that cinnamon bun taste!)
Pinch of salt
- Whisk all ingredients together
- Steam or heat over low heat to desired temp
Pancakes and waffles with CBD Infused Butter
Now this is one that you could use in a variety of ways… Pancakes and waffles for breakfast topped in syrup, berries, and CBD Infused Butter, or even on a sandwich later in the day. Chef’s choice!
2 c unsalted butter, cubed
3 c water
20 ml natural flavored CBD oil
- Place butter, water, and oil into a medium pot
- Using low heat, cover and heat for two hours
- Low and slow is the way to go! This helps the oil to blend with the butter without damaging the cannabinoids.
- Stir every 25-30 minutes
- Remove from heat once mixture is dense and glossy, and set aside to cool down slightly
- Stir once again, and pour into an airtight container
- Refrigerate, and let solidify before using (about two hours)
- Use butter to top your favorite breakfast food – Pancakes, waffles, muffins, or even toast and eggs!
Here is another one that is just as versatile as the CBD Infused Butter. Pesto can be used in a variety of ways – To top your favorite pasta, as a spread on sandwiches, or even as a dip. There may be a laundry list of ingredients, but this one takes only a few minutes to prepare thanks to your blender or food processor!
1.5 c fresh clean baby spinach
1.5 c fresh clean basil
1/2 c fresh clean Italian parsley
1/2 c grape or cherry tomatoes
1/4 c pine nuts (or you can substitute hemp seeds for even greater health benefits!)
3 t lemon juice
1/3 c grated parmesan
1 t natural flavored CBD oil
2 T olive oil (add more if needed if mixture is too thick)
2 large garlic cloves
Pinch of salt
Pinch of black pepper
- Place all ingredients into a blender or food processor, blend until finely chopped (mixture should be a smooth consistency)
- Taste, and add spices or additional olive oil as needed
- Remove and place in an airtight container
- Add to your preferred dish!
3 ripe avocados
Juice of half of a lime
1/2 jalapeno minced (add more to add more heat to the dish)
1/2 c white onion, finely diced
2 T cleaned cilantro, chopped
2 plum tomatoes, diced, seeded, and cored
2 large garlic cloves, minced
2 T Adobo all-purpose seasoning (you can also use salt, or a mixture of your preferred spices, also, pro tip here, the low sodium version is just as tasty!)
2 t natural flavored CBD oil
- Peel, pit, and mash avocado in a medium size bowl along with lime juice
- Add all additional ingredients, and mix
- Taste, and add additional ingredients as needed to fit your preferences
- Serve with tortilla chips or pita bread, or even cucumber slices, carrot sticks, or jicama slices for a healthier alternative
- Get ready to make more batches of this all night… because well, we’re family, we can be honest with one another… who really can have just a few bites of guac?
Regardless of who wins this year, with your trusty CBD on your side, you’ll be ready to take on the day!
Have you found a CBD recipe that you enjoy? We’d love for you to share it with us so we can give it a try!